Thursday, July 1, 2010

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Allow me to introduce myself...

I am Mike Kole, a 6-year resident of Fishers, in the Sublest Farms neighborhood. I live here with my wife of seven years, Ame, and my children Isabel, 5, and Ethan, who will be two in November.

My work is as a Right-of-Way Agent. In this capacity, I acquire land rights for utilitiy companies. For the past several years, the bulk of my work has been for AT&T, some of it in Fishers and Central Indiana, much of it in the outer reaches of the state, like Evansville, Mishawaka, or Hammond. I've also acquired land for AT&T in Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio.

One thing I really like about the work is the voluntary nature of the proposals I make to property owners. I do not take work that employs eminent domain power. If a property owner agrees to the deal, it is on the strength of my presentation and what is offered. When I complete a deal, I walk away with several satisfied parties, not with winners and losers. The property owner is happy to make some money; the utility is happy to gain rights to the land; and, the neighbors see improvements or upgrades to their services.

In personal life, I enjoy gardening, playing ice hockey, and of course, politics.

This is my second run for office. In 2006, I was the Libertarian Party's candidate for Indiana Secretary of State. I did not win election, but my campaign was important to my party. My vote percentage was high enough to ensure continued ballot access through this year for every Libertarian candidate across Indiana.

Although I enjoyed running an active campaign in 2006, and travelled across the state- 30,000 miles on the car to prove it- I'm even happier running a local campaign, where I can knock on doors and actually talk with the voters personally. So, don't be surprised if I knock on your door to ask for your vote this Summer or Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment